Do you want a career?
The Alabama Department of Corrections is hiring correctional officers!
Let’s get started:
Our Commitment Through the Spread of COVID-19
Maintaining the safety, security, and well-being of our inmate population, staff, and the public is the Alabama Department of Corrections’ highest priority. The Department is committed to the protection of each member of our valued team.
We are actively implementing initiatives to curb the spread of COVID-19 within our facilities. Those initiatives include:
- Anyone entering an ADOC facility will undergo a health screening, including a temperature check. We are improving our screening process by also developing verbal screening measures.
- Signage outlining preventative recommendations, signs, and symptoms of COVID-19 is being posted throughout ADOC facilities.
- All ADOC facilities will be regularly cleaned with CDC-recommended supplies.
- The ADOC is exploring options to purchase hand-washing stations for staff that will be installed throughout correctional facilities. Supplies of hand sanitizer have already been distributed to all correctional facilities and placed at entry points and staffing posts.
- Inmates have been trained on how to sew prctive masks and can produce between 2,000 and 2,500 per day. Masks will be distributed across the correctional system for use by staff and inmates.